Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Hello World

Two months ago I went to Japan for a short holiday to visit my girlfriend Chihiro, and go sightseeing. I had such a great time that I decided I should go back and spend a bit longer there (actually a fair bit longer). As well as being able to see Chihiro more often (obviously!), I'd have the time to really explore the country, and experience the culture. It's not an opportunity that people get very often in their lives, so I decided to go for it. This site is basically to keep friends and family back home in Australia up to date with my experiences while living in Japan. I'll be moving there on the 28th of December, and staying for just over a year. At the moment I'm just finishing up my job, organising a visa and flights, and trying to figure out what I should take and what I should do with everything I'm not taking. (I wish books weren't so heavy!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you shouldn't be worried about becomming "another filthy blogger" as your blog is certainly well written, enjoyable and entertaining to read.

I'm so looking forward to joining you over there in a few months time. It's still feels like a live-dream of sorts.

Make sure you keep this up! I'll be avidly reading it. (And if Chihiro is as sweet in nature as she is pretty then you're a very lucky boy! ;) )

Love Cat.

8:13 am  
Blogger Ben said...

Yes, I'm a very lucky boy :) Thanks for the comments - I'll try to keep this blog going so stay tuned!

Hehe I've already been here over 2 weeks and it still feels pretty dreamlike. It'll be great to meet up when you get here and swap stories at an Izakaya :)

2:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home