Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Witness

Yesterday I was having a shower when the doorbell rang, so I quickly dried off and wrapped a towel around me before answering the door. I couldn't see anyone through the spyhole, but when I opened the door a shocked and incredibly embarrassed middle-aged Japanese lady was standing there! She apologised profusely for interrupting me, and quickly left. I found out later that she was actually a Jehova's Witness friend of my girlfriend's mother! I didn't didn't think about it at the time, but Japan is quite conservative compared to Australia, especially when it comes to privacy. I reckon that I must seem like some kind of Bohemian nudist to them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU BEN! Your blog has kept me amused at work for the last hour now. This entry took the piece of cake.... I had a loud enough chuckle that a few students working on computers turned to have a look at me. :D

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home