Thursday, May 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Chihiro

Our birthdays are only 4 days apart so we've both been really spoilt in the last week or so. Chihiro's dad's birthday was also this week, so on Sunday we had a big feast at their place. On Tuesday I made a cake for Chihiro that turned out a little different to what I had planned but the taste wasn't too bad anyway! I gave her a useful book called "F*cking Eigo", (Eigo means English). It teaches all about swearing and slang in English, demonstrating it with funny cartoons. We went and saw "Kingdom of Heaven" which was pretty spectacular on the big screen. The plot was pretty contrived but I wasn't expecting much from such a hollywood movie. I really enjoyed the setting though, because I used to do medieval re-enactment of that time period and location. For dinner we went to a classy Italian restaurant - the type where your seat is pushed in for you as you sit down, and the entire cutlery drawer is laid out on the table in front of you. (Obviously I don't go to places like these very often or I wouldn't be writing about it!) The variety, presentation and taste of the food was incredible. Everything insisted on leaping down my throat, leaving me utterly satisfied. 10/10 Hehe, perhaps I should write for a food magazine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the both of you!

Are movies in their original English or dubbed in Japanese?

10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have another birthday present for you ben....
QLD is one up in the origin series.
(The match nearly gave me a heartattack though!)

Happy birthday mate.

Justin

10:03 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Hehe Justin, sweeet. That's a first in a while.
Yeah Cat, the movie was in English with Japanese subtitles (thankfully!) I think some of the really big hollywood movies get dubbed though. I'm really hoping StarWars isn't!

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home