Saturday, June 11, 2005

Internet Telephone

I had to call Australia to organise travel insurance, and decided to try using Skype for it. I have used their free service for a while for computer-to-computer calls over the Internet, and their rates for calling actual phones long distance from my computer are very low, so I went online and bought $15 worth of credit with them. They processed the order immediately and I was soon calling Flight Centre in Australia from my computer. The 3 minute call cost me 10 cents! Two minutes after I finished the call, my mobile phone started ringing. It was a call from my credit card company asking if I had authorised the purchases I had just made from Skype and Flight Centre! It was both re-assuring and a little freaky at the same time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that will teach you to ring people :)- Stevee

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home