Saturday, July 23, 2005

My First Earthquake

Luckily my earthquake virginity was taken from me gently. I was in my apartment working on my laptop when I had a strange sensation. The laptop screen and the wall were subtly moving in relation to each other, or maybe it was me moving. I felt slightly off-balance. I looked up and realised the whole apartment was flexing slightly with a gentle rhythm. I suddenly realised it was an earthquake, but it was so subtle that I was unsure of whether it was worth doing anything. There was no sound like I had imagined there would be either. After a couple of seconds it was over. I got up and went to the window, wondering if it had been worse for anyone else or if there would be another tremor, but all was calm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I just holed up in my snug apartment so it wasn't that bad actually :) My area seems pretty safe, but if it does flood, I'm glad I live on the second floor!

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home